Author: Dr Val Phua MBBS, MMed (Ophth), FRCOphth, FAMS
Contact lenses were my go to alternative to achieve clear vision without glasses until i realised what i was doing to my eyes. Here are 7 reasons why I stopped wearing contact lenses.
- They require discipline with cleaning.
- They are inconvenient to put on each day.
- They are expensive and are a recurring cost.
- They can cause severe eye infections.
- They can cause severe eye allergies.
- They can cause droopy eyelids.
- They do not correct astigmatism unless they are toric lenses.
I wanted to be glasses free for a majority of my day and contact lenses were just not working for me. I underwent laser vision correction many years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have made to date with no regrets.